Monday, January 10, 2011

Chef Swag

I was a bit out of sorts today, it was of course due to the nasty weather we had in Austin today - overcast+ wind gust = gray blah. I'm talking about the kind of weather you fantasize about being on somebody's island drinking beverages with umbrellas in it, and eating food you can hardly pronounce... Well, after waking up from my day dream, I decided to cook a little something to bring color to this gray of a day...




Prepare for cooking by banging, Lil B- "I Cook". Master chef music.



Chef gon cook1

Chop. Cook. Swag. Chef. Wooo.


Chef Gon CooK2

The finished Product.

Grilled Salmon resting in a bed of rice with grilled jalapenos.
Plantain, lightly fried in peanut oil.
Charro beans and freshly sliced pineapple.


My wife Catherine, gave it a 8.5 out 10. Her only complaint was the spicy rice... Note to self- use one grilled jalapeno instead of two... Based

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! When do I get to come over and eat some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! Unfortunately tonight's dinner was finished in minutes, but I'd be happy to chef swag again. What are your plans for the week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!!! THATS SWEET THAT YOU BLOG THIS... TOOO CUTE AND MISTER CHEF SWAGG IT DOES LOOKS GOOD. IM NOT SURPRISE AT IT AT ALL. THATS WHATS UP. S/N DONT BE LIKE YOUR MOMS AND SPICE UP EVERYTHING. LOOKS LIKE A TEN WISH I HAD A PLATE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ashley- You know how I get down cuz...Years of eating spicy African foods have increased my tolerance, so the rice was perfectly fine to me. As for Catherine, I had to finish the rest of hers...Chef gon cook.

    ReplyDelete