Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Arrived


AustinGreetings


As of today, I've lived in Austin, TX for a total of four years. I moved here from Detroit, MI with very little knowledge of what the city was about, and what it could potentially offer.

Today I think mostly about my journey - more specifically - my transformation from boy to man. During these past years I have learned a tremendous amount about myself. The process of uprooting and transporting to a unknown environment can be a humbling experience. The lack of support that I had in Michigan forced me to truly rely on myself in order to sustain.

How I ended up here is a story in its self, but in hindsight, I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to pick up and leave as I did. I remember thinking to my self that "It will either work out or not," plain and simple. Fortunately, I was very naive back then and willing to take risk, but also faithful that things would work out for the best. And things have more than worked out...

No comments:

Post a Comment